Research Content - Implementation Technical Account Manager
Posted Oct 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 71290
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. Our Content Acquisition and Business Management team (CABM) is all about capturing and integrating data to provide our customers with the information they need. The department is comprised of several teams including: Pricing, Research, Exchanges, Product Management, Contracts, and Market Structure. We onboard an incredible amount of content so it's imperative that it is discoverable, compliant, done in an efficient manner, and compliments other Bloomberg products.
Our Content team is responsible for acquiring and managing research content and data from the sell-side and independent research providers which is then made available to our client base. For the buy-side, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access research content in one place makes their workflow more efficient. It also helps them make more informed investment decisions. For the sell-side/independent research houses, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater readership and return on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute technical and client oriented professional like you, to join the team in London. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content providers to the Bloomberg terminal. You will be working with major content providers daily to ensure content is delivered in a timely and effective manner. As your knowledge of Bloomberg and the products you’ll be working with grows, your role will evolve to help with preventative maintenance, process streamlining and overall productivity enhancements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work extensively with clients to ensure content is delivered to Bloomberg in the optimized fashion.
- Collaborate with content providers to suggest areas of improvements as it relates to headline composition, tagging and content positioning to our mutual clients
- Identify problems in a process and apply technical knowledge to address inefficiencies
- Partner with Bloomberg sales, product and engineering teams to ensure that content is not only brought onto the system quickly, securely and efficiently, but also drive future product development where appropriate
- Utilize business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and content improvements
- Demonstrate effective prioritization and ability to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Seek opportunities to further develop knowledge and proactively pass on knowledge to peers
- Continually strive to make internal/external workflows more efficient by proactively and consistently reviewing procedures and technology
- Be a quick learner and not bothered by changing priorities and initiatives
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous experience in client facing or technical support role
- Strong MS Excel and or Access Skills to work with large amounts of data (data manipulation)
- Understanding of project management principles
- Proven track record of delivering workflow and procedural efficiencies
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
We’d love to see:
- Understanding of the financial markets, in particular sell-side content distribution
- Knowledge of SQL, Tableau, QlikSense and/or similar technologies
- Working knowledge of SFTP protocol
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process.
If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.