Research Front End Analyst
Posted Feb 28, 2018 - Requisition No. 65549
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're always on the pulse with the latest market movements.
You're the type of person that looks beyond the headline. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying financial data that inspires breaking news, financial reporting and analysis.
You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Research Front End Analyst team in Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. As a team, we are responsible for managing the influx of analyst recommendations on global equities as well as managing the on-boarding of broker-client interactions data.
We seek to report first and our work moves markets!
Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will help to ensure the consistency, quality and product delivery of our Estimates platform.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
You will start in our Global Data Training Programme for two-weeks which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will strengthen your product knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage on the earnings season, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We will trust you to:
Use your sales and customer service skills to drive the growth and EMEA adoption of the Analyst Recommendation & Interactions product. You will develop a thorough in depth understanding of our client objectives and needs, understand how sell-side firms are reacting to changes in regulation, and use this knowledge to maximise product coverage in EMEA. In addition to this, you will independently design, project manage and execute on the content strategy, with data coverage, timeliness and quality in mind.
Additionally you will:
- Deliver excellent customer service to Bloomberg customers and to internal partners
- Liaise with global brokerage houses who contribute this data
- Work closely with Bloomberg Research, News, Sales, R&D and our Product development teams to contribute to the future development and strategic direction of the product
We need you to have:
- Minimum a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Excellent communication, presentation and networking skills and a fluent level of written and spoken English
- Strong project management skills and ability handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently and entrepreneurial skills
- Knowledge in or a genuine interest in Fin Tech
- Good problem solving skills and strategic/analytical thinking
- Driven to improve financial knowledge as well as an interest in the equity markets
We'd love to see:
- Up to 2 years work experience, ideally at a brokerage house middle office or consultancy firm
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org.