Risk Assurance and Testing Oversight Officer - Chief Risk Office
Posted Oct 30, 2023 - Requisition No. 121242
The energy of a newsroom, the pace of a trading floor, the buzz of a recent tech breakthrough; we work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. Through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
What's the role?
Bloomberg’s Risk and Compliance Departments play a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The Chief Risk Office and Global Compliance team provide coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory and operational issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person to work with our Risk and Compliance Shared Services team.
As a Risk Assurance Officer on our Risk and Compliance Shared Services team, you will work with Risk colleagues, as well as key Legal, Compliance, and Business partners, in implementing and executing on risk assurance activities as part of our Risk Management Program. The role includes enhancing our risk assurance standards and executing testing activities, including Prioritization, Annual Planning, Development of Testing Scope, Testing of Controls, and Reporting of Testing Results. Responsibilities include managing and tracking of control issues identified. You and the Risk Assurance team will be responsible for centralizing, enhancing and globalizing these disciplines and providing oversight on assurance activities carried out by localized or domain-specific teams.
We'll trust you to:
- Support the global head of Risk and Compliance Shared Services, the global Chief Compliance Officer, and the global Chief Risk Officer, and Bloomberg’s business by:
- Being a global thought-leader and team player on the subject of Risk Assurance
- Enhancing standards around Risk Assurance and Testing
- Collaborating on relevant risk assessments with Risk and Compliance colleagues
- Coordinating or conducting relevant monitoring and testing routines on a risk-focused basis
- Using analytics and data to proactively manage risks and key controls
- Presenting directly to senior management on the results of the above efforts
- Challenging the status quo and contributing to organizational change
- Managing ad hoc assignments as directed by the Global Head of Risk Assurance and Testing Oversight
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum 7+ years of experience in Compliance, Legal, and/or Risk Management, with experience in regulated financial institutions or technology companies
- Expertise in risk management frameworks, such as COSO
- Understanding of regulatory risk management, internal controls, and root cause analysis
- Understanding of operational resiliency and related domains
- Experience in identifying and monitoring Key Control Indicators and working with Business stakeholders to remediate areas of concern
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to assist with building a program that’s deeply practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- Strong team player skills to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
We'd love to see:
- Experience in building a data driven risk assurance capability
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including electronic trading platform and operations
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.