Posted Apr 3, 2023 - Requisition No. 115285
Bloomberg News is looking for an SEO editor to help grow Bloomberg's search traffic across the newsroom, with a focus on the EMEA region.
The successful candidate will provide search optimization recommendations for our top stories based on trending and competitive keywords, track performance to report back to top editors, and pitch stories to the newsroom based on search interest pertaining to our core coverage areas. This editor will be in charge of weekly and monthly competitive analysis, and contribute to SEO trainings for news editors, staying on top of SEO trends to ensure the newsroom stays up-to-date with best practices. Additionally, this editor will contribute to Bloomberg’s social media publishing during big news moments.
The ideal candidate is comfortable partnering with a variety of stakeholders, including social, video, newsdesk, and top editors across the newsroom in Asia, and is diligent with a curiosity about finance and business news. They should also be highly familiar with social audiences, digital publishing and monitoring tools, and be an excellent communicator who's not afraid to share insights widely. This role will be based in London.
We'll trust you to:
- Pitch story ideas and create search reports based on SEO interest
- Attend daily news meetings and monitor stories each day for updating, and other tactical optimizations (headline changes, backlinking, story updates, image optimization and more)
- Track daily output and monitor our key stories
- Alert editors to ranking on stories and key terms
- Track competitive performance to create recap emails daily, weekly, and monthly
- Support the larger digital team in delivering SEO training sessions to newsroom editors
- Create an evergreen SEO strategy
- Collaborate with our SEO consultant
- Occasionally contribute to the region’s social publishing efforts
You'll need to have:
- 2-3+ years experience working on SEO, preferably in a newsroom
- Data familiarity to be able to track measurable impact of SEO efforts
- Ability to perform keyword and trend research
- Knowledge of social media platforms and proficiency in publishing tools
- Ability to collaborate across teams
- Strong communication skills
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with SEO tools (such as Google Analytics, GSC, SEMRush, Similarweb, etc.) is a plus
- Background in financial news is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know that the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com). Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com)