SRE - Ticker Plant
Posted Mar 26, 2018 - Requisition No. 66204
Bloomberg is the premier provider of real-time market data to the financial world. The Ticker Plant group is at the core of both the Bloomberg Professional Service and Enterprise Solutions products that process market data from around the globe. Our systems process over 80 billion events a day while servicing millions of client queries from our cutting edge time series database. Within our group, the SRE Team is comprised of experts in various specialties like software development, platform performance and tools development ... and we're growing!
What’s in it for you:
On our team, you'll design and develop scalable services that enhance the stability and reliability of Bloomberg's market data infrastructure. We’ll depend on you to not only help set standards but also partner closely with our application engineers to ensure that all products meet those standards. You'll be trusted to create infrastructure capable of early detection of issues through metrics and signals and take automatic corrective actions.
We'll trust you to:
- Ensure optimal availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of Bloomberg application development. You will do this by advocating engineering reliability into our development life cycle with a focus on fault tolerant approaches
- Respond to and resolve unexpected and potential service problems. You will write software to prevent the same problem happening again
- Drive capacity planning, performance analysis, instrumentation and other non-functional systems requirements
- Review and influence on-going design, architecture, standards and methods for improving operating services
- Own system releases, write production software acceptance tests and coordinate all aspects of the release including coverage and communication plans
You'll need to have:
- Experience with running production systems, including triaging and solving outages
- Strong understanding of large-scale systems architecture
- In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Software engineering experience
- Proficiency in object-oriented languages like Python, Perl, C++ or Java
- Strong Communications skills
- Bachelor's degree
We'd love to see:
- Configuration management system, e.g, Salt, Chef, Ansible
- Experience with blameless postmortems
- A passion for performance excellence, robustness and engineering mindset
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com