Sanctions Data Specialist
Posted Aug 8, 2022 - Requisition No. 106199
The Sanction team is responsible for providing entity level sanction data for ten global jurisdictions. This includes supervising jurisdictional websites for legal regulations, addendums, and postings. We frequently map explicitly listed entity program identifiers to unique Bloomberg IDs. Sanction data is used both on and off the Bloomberg terminal, so we work with Sales and conduct calls to provide clients background on how we acquire, validate, maintain and provide quality assurance for our data sets.
The Sanctions Data Specialist will be responsible for adding and maintaining records in the entity database and proactively monitoring the evolving regulatory environment for explicitly and implicitly country and region sanctioned entities. This includes the sanctions for multiple jurisdictions and their implications on their corporate structure. The specialist will interact with clients, Sales, Legal, Compliance and other data teams globally utilizing new technology to improve our data quality and reduce our time to market.
We'll Trust You To:
- Supervise and process jurisdictional sanction postings
- Perform sanction risk assessments
- Build, implement, and test internal sanction controls
- Train internal partners
- Research corporate structures and corporate actions documentation
- Respond to client queries regarding the data and product functionality
- Process escalation requests to resolve data discrepancies
- Assist Sales and Product managers on client calls
- Examine processes and providing improvement recommendations
You'll Need to Have:
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) entity sanctions experience
- HMT or EU entity sanctions experience
- Ability to multi-task and work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent Communication, Analytical and Customer Service skills
- Ability to interact with clients within the financial industry
- Dedication to improving and developing products
We'd Love to See:
- Fluency in a language other than English
- Experience with Python and Microsoft Excel/VBA/macros is desirable
- Jurisdictional Certifications
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services cultivates innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from you if you are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.