Securities Data - Experienced Data Analyst
Posted Nov 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 111094
Bloomberg runs on data and as the Data department we are responsible for acquiring it, contributing and providing that value to our clients. We collect, analyze, process, and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal.
What’s the role?
Fixed Income, Sanctions & Regulation, Mortgages, FX, Derivatives and Corporate Actions data products (“Securities”) is looking for an Experienced Data Analyst to join a new team focused on process engineering and business analysis, automation of ETL pipelines, improving data quality, ensuring timely execution of published data, and adding new value for our clients.
This role offers unique opportunity to use your technical and business analysis skills to work closely with Engineering, Data Management Lab and Product teams as well as senior management across multiple asset classes.
The team will own the efforts to define strategy as well as practical implementation steps for enhancement, optimization or automation of data workflows and data quality improvements across all Securities data products. Moreover, this group will be responsible for providing training and structured tech guidance as well as ensuring implementation of standard processes in alignment with our partners in Engineering and Data Management Lab teams. Our goal is to empower Securities product teams to drive the development of their products, seamlessly implement the state of art technology in their workflows and ensure the data we deliver to our clients meets all their needs.
As an expert data analyst you will be expected to lead conversations and engage with our partners across Securities to understand business needs and define requirements, perform data profiling and data analysis to drive decision making, identify practical solutions to improve their workflows, and ultimately drive implementation of automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing.
You will be collaborating with Engineering, Product and Data Governance teams to ensure consistent principles are leveraged and technical solutions are fit for purpose as well as mentor junior members of the Securities group who are looking to develop technically. We are looking for highly motivated and driven individuals with a passion for data and the technology that surrounds it.
We’ll trust you to:
- Find opportunities to improve efficiency of existing workflows and build automated solutions for data standardization, ETL pipelines, and human-in-the-loop data processing
- Work alongside senior management and data analysts across all Securities data products to understand their business needs, identify practical solutions to improve data systems and support them in defining technical requirements required for process and workflow improvement
- Collaborate with a wide variety of partners from Engineering, Product to Data Management Lab on data workflows design, data modeling and data quality solutions
- Build, deploy and maintain microservices written in Python
- Create data pipelines using components of Bloomberg Data Technology Stack and microservices framework
- Continue learning about industry trends, standards, and innovation within the data management, automation and quality domains
- Provide support to junior members of the Securities department that includes code reviews, training, and mentorship
You’ll need to have:
- Proficiency in Python, Git, UNIX and SQL
- Ability to write unit and integration tests as well as familiarity with microservices framework
- Proven track record of using technology to innovate data products, workflows and ETL processes
- Proficiency in data modeling, and working directly with databases
- Passion for data, technology, and finance with the aspiration to work in the FinTech/data management industry
- Technical proficiency and a comfort level discussing technical concepts and experience evaluating trade-offs in design with Engineering
- Good attention to detail and high degree of problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to priorities and product needs
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with Fixed Income/DCM asset classes
- Experience in Business Analysis or Data Quality domains which include knowledge and applied understanding of industry standards and related metrics.
- Experience working with Apache Spark/PySpark and large-scale distributed data computational software
- Experience training and mentoring others
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org