Senior AML Compliance Officer - AML Strategic Initiatives - London
Posted Feb 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 100651
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognise the value of diversity and inclusion in cultivating a supportive workplace and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program!
The Global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. Bloomberg has regulated activities that include regulated trading venues (e.g., UK Multilateral Trading Facility, US Swap Execution Facility), MIFID II benchmark activities, a US Broker-Dealer, and other regulated offerings globally.
What’s The Role
Based in London, this is a great opportunity to work within the core Financial Crime AML Compliance Function reporting directly to the Global AML Strategic Initiatives Program Lead. This role is dedicated to assessing and managing AML risk throughout the organisation and driving the integration of the Global AML program forward by working with key compliance and business personnel. We will need you to be an AML subject matter authority to further develop and improve the overall program.
We'll Trust You To:
- Support the set-up, launch and provide ongoing management and oversight of key initiatives and projects within the global AML and KYC programs while working with a broad range of stakeholders and external suppliers/vendors
- Support the AML program integration as we endeavour to expand to a global coverage model incorporating multiple regions, businesses and products
- Support in assessing the impact of large regulatory change initiatives and help executing the firms strategic response to relevant regulatory impacts and requirements
- Support the design, development and integration of key technologies that dive efficiency and automation within the AML and KYC programs.
- Work with key compliance and business partners to implement technological innovations and enhancements
- Support the development of Global AML/KYC program strategy, design and draft all elements related to procedural/system documents (procedure document, desktop manual, user guide) and deliver user training
- Clearly understand and articulate the value of Bloomberg’s Global AML program and client onboarding and translate into detailed requirements, specifications, and schematics that enable Engineering teams to deliver new functionalities or technological enhancements.
- Coordinate projects or Proof of Concept (POC) / pilot builds that test new solution concepts, running workshops with internal and external partners, interfacing with Engineering teams and coordinating POC development.
- Initiate and drive collaboration with internal teams (Engineering, Product, Sales, Compliance) to create preliminary design concepts, work with engineering to implement & iterate and define relevant use cases
- Gather and document requirements and work closely with developers on reviewing and defining workflows to ensure developers understand requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Support with reporting of key activities/projects, including progress on requirements gathering, testing and backlog refinement and prioritisation.
- Ensure all product features comply with regulatory, security, privacy and risk policies.
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 7+ years relevant Financial Crime AML experience with a deep understanding of the main components of an AML program
- Proven experience managing large scale change initiatives or projects within the AML and KYC compliance space
- Strong working knowledge of AML requirements including FCA SYSC, JMLSG and the UK Money Laundering Regulations
- The ability to multitask, meet strict deadlines and set achievable targets
- Dedication to resolve pending queries or concerns in a timely manner
- Strong communication, stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Great intellectual agility and attention to detail.
We'd Love to See:
- In-House Financial Services experience
- A motivated individual who thrives in a dynamic, open-plan environment
- Experience with Jira Confluence too
- Experience working in an Agile methodology environment (e.g. SCRUM, Lean/Kanban) and ideally scaled agile methodology
“Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role”
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.