Senior Account Manager - Bloomberg Media Distribution
Posted Apr 24, 2019 - Requisition No. 74807
Bloomberg LP is a world-leading technology, business information and data company, connecting decision makers to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. We quickly and accurately deliver business and financial information, news and insight around the world.
As part of our Media Division, Bloomberg Media Distribution is the one of the world's leading providers of news, photos, video, TV, audio programmes and data to publishers, broadcasters and clients in over 130 countries. Our EMEA team continues to develop our partnerships across the region and has ambitious plans to grow our brand, audiences and revenues across media platforms.
What's the role?
As the Senior Account Manager for our partnerships in key markets, you will own and drive growth for our content business, developing new commercial opportunities and support dozens of existing clients in the media sector.
You will focus primarily on sourcing prospects and closing commercial licensing agreements for distribution of Bloomberg News, Photos, Video, Data, Terminals TV and Radio programmes across media platforms (e.g., Print, Broadcast, Online, Mobile, Education) in several geographic markets. This will include branded partnerships with premium media organizations. In addition, you will support our digital subscriptions business focusing on larger clients in your territory. You will create and close new business proposals with our existing client base, as well as present Bloomberg's increasing range of content to current and new clients across the region.
We’ll also trust you to:
- Pro-actively plan, prospect and manage sales leads, contact potential customers to qualify new business, build relationships and close new revenue streams
- Prepare and deliver client presentations, draft business proposals, negotiate contract terms in collaboration with business affairs and product specialists
- Sign content distribution deals to meet individual sales and group revenue targets
- Understand the media market in your regions and foster deep contacts across the sector via industry sources, contact databases, your own and the Bloomberg network
- Provide world-class customer service by performing regular media product training at client sites, troubleshooting technical issues, liaising with accounts receivables on billing issues, and other support functions as required
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions in CRM systems
- Travel in the region and internationally as part of our global team
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working within media across EMEA
- Recent and relevant creative deal structure and partnership experience with a track record of success growing revenues, market share and a client base
- Digital platform experience
- Familiarity with diverse business models and sales strategies
- A history of working a fast past, ever changing environment
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Languages are an advantage
- Ability and flexibility to travel
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think you're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.