Senior Analyst, Pharmaceutical & Biotech (to be based in HK)
Posted Jul 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 92585
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
Who we are:
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis, industry data and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this fast-growing team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the pharmaceutical/biotech sector, with a focus on the China market. The analysis will be based on Bloomberg's data sets, Bloomberg Intelligence data and analysis, as well as company calls and announcements. The role is based in Hong Kong.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with our global team of analysts located in London, New York and Hong Kong to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimal of 8 years of sell-side and/or buy-side Research Analyst, specialising in pharmaceutical/biotech sector.
- Experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills in Mandarin and English.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organisation skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor, advanced degrees, or equivalent experience.
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation is preferred.
- Prior China biotech/pharmaceutical company coverage.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.