Senior Compliance Officer - Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF)
Posted Jul 16, 2018 - Requisition No. 68130
Bloomberg is looking for an experienced person to join the EMEA Compliance team in London to act as Compliance Officer of the recently-launched Bloomberg Multilateral Trading Facility ("MTF").
The EMEA Bloomberg Compliance Department is part of the Global Compliance Department and provides compliance coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, as well as compliance support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. The Compliance Department works closely with the Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensuring compliance with current and developing rules and regulations, and corresponding with regulators.
This is a unique team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
You will report to the Chief Compliance Officer of Bloomberg's Multilateral Trading Facility (MTF), which is authorised by the FCA. The ideal candidate will have significant regulatory experience with regard to financial markets and products, be familiar with FCA and European rules and Market Abuse requirements, and be able to undertake market supervision of participant activity, including trade surveillance.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide guidance on and implement controls relating to all FCA rules applicable to an authorised MTF
- Assist the business with developing MiFID ii solutions and ensure regulatory compliance post-Jan 2018
- Respond to participant enquiries, providing guidance in relation to the operation of the MTF and its Rulebook
- Work alongside the CCO to increase the profile of the Compliance team within the business
- Mentor and develop more junior members of the team
- Provide advisory compliance services to the business
- Analyse the impact of developing regulatory changes
- Develop and streamline new and existing compliance processes
- Act as the second line of defence in a dynamic, forward thinking business
- Keep abreast of jurisdictional changes and challenges throughout Europe, working closely with legal
- Attend industry events and round-tables
Conduct continuing education for sales and product
You'll need to have:
- Familiarity with the financial markets, electronic trading, and FCA and EU regulatory developments
- Experience responding to regulatory and FCA changes and enquiries
- A track record of working with and advising senior business people on compliance matters
- Experience in drafting policies, procedures and manuals, along with preparing reports for regulatory bodies and internal management
- The ability to advise on regulatory changes and developments
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of MiFID ii / MiFIR
- Strong understanding of one or more of the following asset classes: IRS, CDS, FX derivatives, Equity derivatives and Commodity derivatives
- Bachelor's Degree
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.