Senior Compliance Tester & Data Analyst
Posted Mar 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 82212
Bloomberg’s Legal & Compliance Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and Information Company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We also recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The global Compliance team within Bloomberg’s Legal Department provides coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, including support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. We work to address regulatory issues, ensure compliance with current/developing rules and regulations, and correspond with regulators. We are currently looking for an experienced person to work with our Global Compliance Practices team.
What's The Role?
As the Senior Compliance Tester & Data Analyst, you will work with the Global Compliance team, and key Legal, Risk, and Business colleagues, in delivering a global Compliance Monitoring & Testing, using Data Analytics, and leading the EMEA Compliance Practices program.
Developing and Managing the Compliance Testing program, using Data Analytics, and leading the EMEA practices pillars will be primary focuses. You and the Global Head of Compliance Practices and Global Head of Testing will be responsible for centralizing, enhancing and globalizing these disciplines, in a manner that builds on the work done by the current Compliance subject matter experts in each country and region. You will be a key member of a team dedicated to overseeing and conducting these programs across Bloomberg’s businesses.
In addition, as your understanding of Bloomberg products develops, you must have the ability to identify, and escalate top and emerging risks to Senior Management and Compliance Management.
We'll Trust You To:
Support the Global Head of Testing, Global Head of Compliance Practices, the Global Chief Compliance Officer, each of the Regional Chief Compliance officers, and Bloomberg’s business by:
- Being a global thought-leader and team player on the subject of Compliance Practices, especially as EMEA Lead for Practices
- Strengthening Compliance Monitoring & Testing, and coordinating or conducting relevant monitoring and testing routines on a risk-focused basis, using Data Analytics
- Presenting directly to senior management on the above programs
- Managing ad hoc assignments as directed by the Global Head of Compliance Practices
You’ll Need To Have:
- Ideally 10+ years of experience in Compliance, Legal, and/or Risk Management, with experience in regulated financial institutions
- Substantial Expertise in Compliance practices, including Compliance Risk Assessment, Compliance Monitoring & Testing, Compliance Training, Policy Management, Regulatory Change monitoring, and/or Issue Management
- Understanding of regulatory risk management, internal controls, and root cause analysis
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment, building and maintaining a network of contacts, and coordinating with several partners across our company
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and effective under pressure
- The ability to work creatively and efficiently, to assist with building a program that’s deeply practical, risk-focused, and conscious of business and control partners’ needs
- Strong team player skills in order to guide organizational change and collaborate with key partners across various levels
We'd love to see:
- Experience interacting directly with U.S. and overseas regulators
- International experience, especially in Asia, U.K or the E.U.
- J.D., or other advanced degree
- Experience with operational risk management
- Familiarity with financial markets and products including trading platform and operations
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.