Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision-makers in business, finance and government a competitive edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas, delivered through innovative technology.
Our Corporate Communications team handles Bloomberg’s reputation among the people and organisations who matter most to our company. We do that through engaging with external media and analysts, establishing relationships with influencers, clients and government and through engaging our employees around the world. In EMEA, we are a small, agile team with big responsibility across the firm and the territories we cover. We combine strategy and execution and represent multiple business units simultaneously, devising and delivering impactful communications programmes that support positive business outcomes across the region.
Are you a strategic, creative thinker who can devise and execute a variety of communications initiatives across multiple business lines? Do you have a consistent track record in delivering communications campaigns that drive business outcomes? Are you a collaborative self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment?
We are seeking an experienced, driven communications professional dedicated to providing corporate communications campaigns and to manage reactive issues across EMEA. You will be a great teammate with experience in international corporate communications, issues management, stakeholder management and media relations within the technology, finance or media sectors.
The role will report to the Head of Corporate Communications, EMEA and will be based out of our award-winning European headquarters in London.
We'll Trust You To:
- Promote and protect Bloomberg's reputation through strategic external communications programmes that align with business priorities.
- Devise and execute strategies to tell Bloomberg's regional story as an innovator, a financial technology and information leader, an influential media brand and a company that drives impact through philanthropy.
- Provide trusted communications counsel to senior leaders and subject matter experts across the regional operation.
- Collaborate regionally and globally across Bloomberg’s External Relations function (encompassing
- Corporate Communications, Marketing, Government Relations, Philanthropy and Corporate Affairs) to execute strategic initiatives that build belief in the Bloomberg brand.
- Work with Communications colleagues and business partners to develop positioning to support key initiatives and regional priorities.
- Draft communications content and develop messaging to support key initiatives, announcements and campaigns.
- Provide guidance and assistance to external agencies in implementing PR strategies and programmes.
- Handle reactive and proactive media relations, including crisis communications when necessary.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with mainstream media, trade and business press.
- Contribute to evaluation and reporting to demonstrate the impact of effective communications.
- Support forward-planning and operational efficiency within the EMEA Corporate Communications team.
You'll Need to Have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to translate complex subjects into simple, impactful messages and narratives.
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to influence, persuade and inspire others.
- Experience leading diverse, cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively and balance competing demands.
- Strong decision-making, prioritisation and project management skills.
- A critical eye for detail.
- A desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative and diverse environment.
- Experience in crisis communications and issues management preferred.
- Corporate communications experience in the technology, finance or media sectors.
- Excellent emotional intelligence, business judgment and discretion.
- International awareness; language skills a plus.
If This Sounds Like You:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.