Senior Data Management Professional - Data Engineering, Fast-Infra Sustainable Infrastructure Label
Posted Sep 22, 2023 - Requisition No. 120210
Bloomberg runs on data. Our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we are responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately. We apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, and we implement technology solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes - all while providing platinum customer support to our clients.
The FAST-Infra Sustainable Infrastructure Label is a globally applicable labeling system crafted to identify and evaluate sustainable infrastructure projects, with the overarching objective of creating a liquid asset class and enabling comparability of metrics across sustainable infrastructure assets. It advises developers of standard processes and streamlines their ability to get an initial review before financing a sustainable infrastructure project. The FAST-Infra Group has designated Global Infrastructure Basel (GIB) as the Secretariat and Bloomberg L.P. as Data Repository for the FAST-Infra Label.
As a Data Engineer on the Fast-Infra Sustainable Infrastructure Label project, you will be working on the design, development and operation of a data platform where project developers will disclose, report and measure information about their labeled projects. You will work closely with our Engineering partners, our Data Product Manager as well as the label Secretariat: Global Infrastructure Basel. You will need to be comfortable working with large, varied, sophisticated and often unstructured data sets and you will need to demonstrate strong experience in data engineering. You need to be able to coordinate with multi-disciplinary and regional teams and have experience in project management and partner engagement.
We trust you to:
- Build database schema and configure ETL software to onboard new data sets.
- Analyze internal processes to find opportunities for improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions.
- Build quality data workflows to verify and validate third party data.
- Maintain workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control.
- Contribute to the creation of standard processes and guidelines for governance.
- Apply data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
- Collaborate with a wide variety of partners from Engineering to Sales on product development.
- Partner with Engineering and Product to propose, develop and implement market leading solutions for our clients.
- Understand customer needs and markets to ensure our data sets are fit-for-purpose and seamlessly integrate with other data products when developing data product strategies.
- Stay updated on market, industry and dataset developments related to your area of support.
- Make well-informed decisions in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Report on results of on-going operations and projects, as required.
- Plan and adapt your work using an agile framework.
You’ll need to have:
- A BA/BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Mathematics, or relevant data technology field, or equivalent professional work experience.
- 3+ years of experience working with databases either SQL or NoSQL.
- Strong passion for data and the overall energy transition movement.
- The ability to think creatively and provide out of the box solutions with an eagerness to learn and collaborate.
- Demonstrated project management experience, for example leading processes, designing dashboard.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interest and/or experience in client and partner management.
- Familiarity with data processing paradigms and associated tools and technologies.
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
We’d love to see:
- An advanced degree/masters/PhD in a STEM subject or Economics/Finance.
- Experience using a Scrum Agile process.
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems.
- Strong interest in problem solving particularly to modify and enhance processes and workflows.
- Experience in semantic structures or data modeling.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org