Senior Data Science Analyst – Management Reporting & Analysis
Posted Apr 26, 2022 - Requisition No. 102945
Bloomberg’s Customer Analytics Data Science team continually improves our Product and Sales teams’ ability to make data-driven decisions through speed, transparency, and extraordinary customer service. We firmly believe our people are at the core of our success. Our people arm our client-facing teams with data to optimize their prospecting and retention efforts. We enable Product teams to build better by providing them with deep insights into customer behaviour. We help the News organisation identify and explain long-term trends in readership, and we provide Bloomberg senior management with predictive analytics to improve revenue forecasting. And – that’s just a sampling of projects from a typical week!
We’re looking for a Senior Data Science Analyst to join our team. You love to uncover insights using data, and balance quantitative and qualitative skills to solve real business challenges. You are excited about partnering with product and sales managers to help them better understand their audience and opportunities for growth – from basic function usage to deeper analysis that identifies new methods for driving adoption and identifying leads.
Our team is passionate about using data and analysis to help find opportunities through narrow targeting, profiling, and segmentation. We partner with product managers, COOs, CFOs, Sales, and more to promote adoption, retention, and deeper engagement with our products.
We’ll trust you to:
- Generate ideas and institute repeatable processes that support sales, adoption, and engagement of our products to drive usage
- Analyse large data sets to develop critical insights, such as identifying target audience segments for lead generation and/or marketing campaigns, and collaborate with business units on long-term planning, policy development, and problem resolution
- Operate as an internal consultant for our Financial teams in addressing strategic and operating issues, as well as manage ad hoc requests and special projects that may interface across multiple business units, disciplines, and departments around the usage of the Bloomberg Terminal across desktop, API, and mobile
- Work on internal and external communications as needed for Management Committee presentations, special events, and other key constituent interactions
- Operationalize individual and business performance metrics and report on deliverables through monthly/quarterly/annual reporting
You’ll need to have:
- Undergraduate degree or higher in a finance or quantitative field
- 4+ years* of advanced SQL skills and experience working with relational databases, knowledge of big data systems such as Hadoop, and previous work in programming languages such as R or Python
- Advanced analytics techniques and ability to combine, organise, validate, and analyse large datasets, including predictive modelling, clustering, and recommendation models
- Experience drafting business communications, including PowerPoint presentations and Tableau or Qliksense dashboards, and displaying a fundamental understanding of economic and financial principals
- Solution-oriented project management skills and resourcefulness
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org