Senior Data Warehouse Engineer - Enterprise Solutions
Posted May 25, 2018 - Requisition No. 67279
Bloomberg runs on Data. In the Engineering Software Infrastructure Data Warehouse team, we are responsible for analyzing it. On any given day, we identify ways we can make the company's processes and software better and more efficient.
What’s in it for you:
On our team, you will be a self-starting individual who is motivated and eager to learn and grow, with responsibility for the development of Greenplum based MPP (massively parallel processing) data warehouse. We are looking for a professional with expert level knowledge of Greenplum and/or PostgreSQL, with significant experience in writing ETL and with Python scripting. You will be able to apply your deep knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and best practices. You will be involved in all phases of development lifecycle and will be expected to work on design, architecture and implementation of our data warehouse environment, participate in code and technology reviews, and work closely with other members of the team. You will be exposed to a variety of data domains and have enormous opportunities to learn and contribute ideas.
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience of related database experience developing complex SQL stored procedures/function, loading and processing large data sets and performing storage optimization and query tuning
- Python scripting experience with data access and writing custom libraries
- Deep-level understanding of analytical-level SQL, such as windowing functions and OLAP concepts
- Excellent understanding of VLDB performance aspects - table partitioning, sharding, table distribution and extreme optimization techniques
- Bachelor of Science/MS/PhD Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Finance or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Solid understanding of Kimball data warehousing methodologies, various stages of ETL processing and dimensional data modeling
We’d love to see:
- Familiarity with other databases (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2)
- Working knowledge of Linux scripting languages, e.g. ksh, Bash
- Python experience with numpy/pandas/scipy
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org