Senior DevOps Engineer
Posted Nov 29, 2021 - Requisition No. 98039
The Network Engineering SRE team in Bloomberg is responsible for the support, visibility, reliability and performance of the network infrastructure. This infrastructure provides connectivity, for internal and external business applications and our global clients.
What's the role?
We are looking for an expert Senior DevOps Engineer.
The NSRE team are involved with all aspects of the planning, implementation and monitoring of network infrastructure, spanning over a hundred Points of Presence (POPs) globally. The team also serves as a level 3 point of escalation for our Operations teams. We work closely with other Engineering and SRE teams such as Architecture, CTO office, Network Core, Network Edge, and product managers across the Enterprise. The Network SRE team drives technology forward using Bloomberg's MPLS network, The Internet and Public Clouds for business and client needs.
The team uses both Network Design and DevOps techniques to best ensure the performance and reliability of applications across our network. We focus on growing the transparency of our network and in quantifying key performance metrics.
As a member of the EMEA NSRE team, you will be responsible for the complete life cycle of a project, including research, testing, implementation, automation, documentation, and monitoring. Join us in the Bloomberg Networks SRE team to learn, collaborate and tackle exciting problems!
We'll trust you to:
- Use DevOps principles to script and automate workflows following industry standard methodologies
- Plan, design, implement and handle the life cycle of network projects in the data centre and WAN environment
- Take ownership, work independently on problems and handle critical issues from various business units
- Measure key performance metrics within Bloomberg’s network and proactively identify problems
- Work in an Agile manner, be data-driven and ready to adjust the course
You'll need to have:
- Advanced DevOps and automation skills - experience in building and handling CI/CD pipelines for provisioning infrastructure
- Proficiency in provisioning and building infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Salt, Jenkins, etc.
- Familiarity with Containers and Kubernetes
- Expertise in analysing and fixing large-scale distributed systems
- Knowledge of network and application performance analysis using standard UNIX/Linux tools
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Grafana and other web technologies
- An aptitude for keeping up to date with the newest technologies.
- A good understanding of SRE disciplines
- An ability to remain calm under pressure, to multitask, to be customer focused, and to communicate efficiently
We'd love to see:
- A good understanding of network design, configurations and protocols
- Preferred networking vendor experience with Arista, Cisco and Juniper
- Experience working with at least one Cloud service provider (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Operational experience with capture and monitoring tools such as Corvil, Fmad, Corvil and Riverbed is helpful
- Technology experience such as SDN/SD-WAN, CDNs, Internet IXP, Whitebox Solutions
If this sounds like you:
Apply - if we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.