Senior Economist - Bloomberg Economics
Posted Dec 30, 2021 - Requisition No. 99239
Bloomberg Economics offers a comprehensive macroeconomic research service for Terminal subscribers. That includes detailed forecasts, supported by rigorous and original thematic research.
With more than 100 reporters and 30 economists worldwide, Bloomberg Economics has unrivalled capacity to explain where the global economy is now and where it is heading. Our economists deliver deep insight into the themes that drive policy, financial markets and capital flows.
We are looking for skilled economists with experience of state-of-the-art modelling and scenario analysis to be part of an exciting new team delivering the next generation of economic insights for a market audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and maintain state-of-the art economic modeling tools that can be used for a range of purposes, including macroeconomic and financial market scenario analysis, understanding the economic drivers of asset prices and nowcasting/forecasting key economic and financial variables.
- Produce insightful model-based research on critical issues for the global economy, working collaboratively with country desk economists
- Collaborate on projects with the broader Bloomberg Economics group – contributing quotes to stories written by journalists
- Appear at conferences, on television, in print media as well as meeting with clients
You'd need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in economic modeling, with proven expertise in open- economy macroeconomic models such as DSGE or semi-structural models and preferably expertise in Bayesian estimation techniques
- Strong analytical programming skills, preferably in Matlab and Dynare, R and/or Python.
- A graduate degree in economics, statistics or econometrics or a related field; a PhD would be an asset
- English fluency - other languages a plus
- Energy and initiative needed to provide a consistent flow of high-quality analysis
- Ability to generate readable and insightful content across a variety of formats, ranging from rapid turnaround responses to economic events to longer-term collaborative research into major global economic trends
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.