Senior Front-End Software Engineer - DataHub
Posted May 20, 2022 - Requisition No. 103805
The DataHub Engineering team provides a distributed platform for hosting datasets, complete with managed data stores, search, discovery, batch analytics and real-time stream processing capabilities. We host financial reference datasets from all asset classes (fixed income, Equities, Indices..) which are market moving and critical to Bloomberg’s data strategy
Our goals: ensure high quality content, which is indispensable to financial markets, is cataloged, standardized, discoverable and accessible in one place in addition to reducing the cost of data distribution and subscription and helping new-growth businesses succeed .
Datahub platform processes 1 billion messages/ day through its streaming infrastructure for 1000’s of financial datasets and is used by 100+ teams in Bloomberg for their data pipelines.
How we work
The DataHub team owns the companywide dataset schema registry. It is the Hub of financial data at the most influential financial data company in the world. Our core tenets are accessibility, discoverability and ease of use for engineers who use our platform.
- The team is focussed on building , maintaining and supporting the Datahub portal which is the face of the platform, providing internal tooling and visualization in addition to enhancing the onboarding experience for our engineers who use the admin features of our portal.
- Our front-end includes Typescript, React, Redux, NodeJs
- We focus on problem-solving, communication, and analytical skills.
- We care about diversity of thought and strongly believe each individual comes with a unique talent and skills to help us in thinking holistically while also giving everyone a chance in team to voice their opinion
- Ownership is dear to us and we want you to have passion and a love to build amazing products
- Empathy connects all of us and helps with collaboration while also making sure everyone in team is happy and growing
- We pair everyone who joins our team with another developer to teach you the ropes and also act like a sounding board, counselor and help with your onboarding experience
- We have a unique experience where we rotate roles within a team so you can experience working on different challenges and technologies, have fun while also growing your technical skills.
- DataHub is a platform for all application groups at Bloomberg, offering you additional opportunities to interact with many engineers throughout the company
What we are looking for:
- Experience building reliable Front End applications
- Expertise in at least one of the UI frameworks - React or VueJS
- Proficiency structuring, designing and performance analysis of a large Front End application
- Design, develop, and test enterprise applications using front end web tech nologies
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
We’d love to see:
- The ability to take ownership, uphold quality, as well as empathy for our users and team
- BA, BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technology field
About Us: Meet the DataHub Engineering Team https://www.techatbloomberg.com/blog/meet-the-team-datahub-engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.