Senior Full Stack Engineer - Data Licence
Posted Apr 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 102149
The world's largest financial institutions require vast amounts of data to help their clients manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyze the markets. Bloomberg Enterprise Data provides these institutions a platform to make hundreds of thousands of requests for data spanning the full range of the financial industry each day. Supporting this translates to billions of data points that flow through our system daily, including Equities, Commodities, Bonds, Pricing, Corporate Actions, Regulatory and Reference Data. To meet the demand, the Data License department is responsible for gathering, transforming, and delivering all the data our clients need through a distributed workflow platform, microservices, and web integrations.
As a Full-Stack engineering team we are responsible for delivering the web platform that enables our clients to discover, self-service and onboard Bloomberg Enterprise data (https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/enterprise-access-point/). Our portals provide an end-to-end client experience including dataset and metadata discovery, custom dataset creation and self service for application integration. We work closely with our Business partners, UX design team and clients to deliver intuitive and powerful workflows that enable our customers to acquire the data they need.
This role will be a good fit if you are interested in designing complex workflows in code, building robust microservices, implementing intuitive UX, and scaling web platforms to meet growing demand. Our platform is primarily implemented using Python / Flask / SQLAlchemy (integrating with a Postgres database) for backend web services and Typescript / React for frontend applications. In your day-to-day development practice you’ll be exposed to a variety of technologies across different parts of our tech stack, and you’ll be responsible for integrating changes encompassing multiple distributed systems.
You'll need to have:
- Experience in software development writing object-oriented code in a high level programming language, designing large-scale applications, and writing high-quality tests
- Experience with, or an interest to code in Python and Typescript
- Ability to complete projects that require significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new skills and technologies and adapt quickly
We'd love to see:
- Experience with frontend technologies such as React (with hooks), webpack, Jest,
- Experience with web service technologies such as Gunicorn, Flask, FastAPI
- Knowledge of supporting technologies such as Postgres, SQLAlchemy, Kafka, Docker, Solr, NGINX, Redis
- Experience in search optimization and relevancy engineering
- Experience implementing microservice architectures and distributed systems
- Developing software in a Unix / Linux environment
- Experience delivering and scaling web platforms
- Experience implementing web application analytics
- Experience with application monitoring tools or services
- Experience in an agile or iterative software development process
- Contributions to Open Source projects
- BA, BS, MS or PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world.