Senior Full Stack Engineer - Network Operations
Posted Nov 9, 2022 - Requisition No. 111396
Our Network Operations Programming and Reporting team consists of highly trained data experts specializing in building business intelligence applications and tools. Managers and business leaders across the enterprise depend on these tools to make intelligent decisions, and manage the day to day operations of the Bloomberg network. We work within the Network Operations department which is directly responsible for the performance and maintenance of Bloomberg's global private network, one of the largest private networks in the world.
What’s in it for you:
As a Full Stack Engineer on the team you will be involved in high level business strategy and planning. Our customers will trust you to implement their ideas and you'll do it using the latest and greatest technology. Collaborating with developers, business leaders and product owners you'll come up with innovative and creative solutions for complex problems. You'll use various open source and proprietary technologies to build informative, intuitive and creative UI/UX experiences, as well as compliant workflow architecture. On our team, you'll get to touch everything from programming/scripting, core networking, business planning & reporting, tool development and delivering creative solutions to problems presented by the business.
You'll Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent non-internship professional experience
- Deep experience with modern web development framework and architectures in React, RESTful web services and API integration
- Hands-on experience with languages such as SQL (MySQL or PostgreSQL) and/or PHP
We'd Love to See:
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience building monitoring, alerting, dashboards, metrics reporting and data analysis
- Knowledge of Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.