Senior Immigration Specialist
Posted Sep 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 70899
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Our Global Mobility team in the Human Resources department provides a wide range of assistance to the business and to employees including all aspects of immigration, relocation and tax support. We have 19,000 employees based in 74 countries and we provide immigration assistance to over 800 employees in EMEA. Our team ensures a high level of customer service to our employees while always looking for ways to minimize compliance risks for Bloomberg, reduce costs where reasonable, improve processes and manage vendors for maximum efficiency.
The Senior EMEA Immigration Specialist will be based in Bloomberg’s London office. You will be the regional immigration subject matter expert and strategic partner for HR, Recruiters and Business Managers within EMEA.
You’re one of those people who:
- Likes investigating and digging into details, but doesn’t lose sight of the big picture
- Loves coming up with innovative and viable suggestions for strengthening processes and improving customer service
- Is passionate about international immigration rules and regulations affecting employees that we hire and that we relocate into the region
- Likes working independently while interacting with a diverse group of people
- Likes working in a small team and is happy to roll up your sleeves
We'll trust you to:
- Be responsible for the communication and training of the EMEA immigration framework, processes and tools with all stakeholders to drive consistent level of service
- Monitor and respond to internal immigration inquiries
- Manage the EMEA immigration vendor
- Consult with legal counsel on complex immigration issues
- Remain current with the latest EMEA immigration regulations, trends and leading practices in the external market and implement internal changes as necessary to ensure continued compliance
You’ll need to have / do:
- University level degree or equivalent experience
- Solid experience with employment based immigration. Preferred minimum 5 years* of experience gained in-house with a multinational corporation
- Establish credibility and rapport with multiple stakeholders across different time zones
- Work independently and as a member of a global team
- Think critically and to analyze and interpret data
- Influence and affect change in a professional manner
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with other departments and all levels of employees
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, detail oriented and aptitude to follow through
- Prioritize and manage multiple tasks in order to meet tight deadlines Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
* Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.