Posted Aug 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 68607
Bloomberg AIM (Asset and Investment Manager) is a buy-side trading platform used by the biggest players in finance. Our platform is a one-stop shop that enables everything from idea generation to trade execution and post-trade operations. It’s a market leading platform used to manage trillions of dollars each day.
Technologies and the environment you'll work in:
- Our applications are written in a Node style framework in TypeScript, and you will get exposure to the full stack - including C++ back end services and open source systems such as Apache Storm.
- Performance and accuracy are critical. We are performing complex financial analysis on large data sets, with trillions of dollars on the line.
- Our strict SLAs demand that we put a special emphasis on performance testing, memory management, automation, and unit/integration testing.
- Bloomberg embraces Agile and InnerSource. We collaborate with many Engineering teams at Bloomberg, and actively contribute to their codebases. We actively participate in the development of order management services, or system infrastructure components, and other tools requirement comes up.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience designing and building client workflows and UIs
- A passion for testing, rapid delivery, and continuous integration
- A working knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with C++ or other object-oriented languages
- Experience programming in Python or other interpreted languages
- Exposure to financial models and workflows
You will use:
- Jenkins, Coverity, TypeScript, Github
- Agile/Scrum, JIRA