Senior Mobile Engineer (iOS) - News & Alerts
Posted Aug 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 76666
The Bloomberg Professional mobile app provides financial professionals with an indispensable tool they can use while away from their desks to stay connected, catch-up on things they have missed and make decisions. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
The Mobile News & Alerts team is mainly responsible for sharing news stories and market alerts with our customers but we also own Research, TV and Radio products in the Bloomberg Professional app. With above 4 millions stories read every month by more than 120,000 monthly customers, News is our most widely used function. Our mission is to develop and maintain this set of features, ensuring they match our customers’ needs in the most efficient ways while finding innovative approaches to continuously enhance our offering. Part of our role is also to enable other teams in the organisation to own the content they publish on our Mobile platforms.
Our team is looking for a Senior iOS Software Engineer to join the team to help us achieve our goals and missions. With a variety of ongoing and new projects on the horizon, and opportunities for both technical specialists as well as those looking to progress into various forms of leadership, you will have ample chance to make a meaningful impact in the team and on our products.
We will trust you to:
- Become part of an established scrum team
- Be responsible for a diverse technology stack on both iOS and Android platforms. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, Python and C++) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies as well as improving existing ones
- Dive fearlessly into existing code anywhere in the app no matter where it lies in the stack
- Collaborate effectively. You'll work closely with peers and teams both in and outside of Mobile (Product, UI/UX, QA, Desktop Teams, Release Manager)
- Continue to foster a culture of sustained, high-quality delivery through collaboration and effective teamwork
You will need to have:
- Expertise developing and designing native iOS applications in both Objective-C and Swift
- Expertise in writing modular and (highly) testable code
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Willingness to apply your skills in areas outside your expertise
We would love to see:
- Collaboration that goes beyond the technical aspects of our work
- A passion for teaching other people what you know, and mentoring less experienced team members
- A passion for learning new things
- A desire to engage with external communities
We believe interviewing is a two-way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!