Senior Mobile Engineer
Posted Sep 13, 2018 - Requisition No. 70678
The Bloomberg Professional mobile app provides financial professionals with an indispensable utility that they can use while away from their desks to stay connected, solve problems, and get caught up on things they have missed. Our customers can look at up-to-date market news, explore in-depth market analysis, receive instant notifications on critical market moving events, and stay connected to the Bloomberg community while they are on the move.
Our Mobile teams develop, design, and define the mobile experience for many thousands of people daily. With team members specialising in creating mobile UIs, client software, infrastructure and services working together we look ahead to take advantage of the latest mobile technologies and techniques. All aimed towards making the definitive mobile experience for the financial markets.We are looking for a senior software engineer to join our growing group of 60+ mobile engineers. With new projects on the horizon, and opportunities for both technical specialists, as well as those looking to progress into team leadership, you'll have an ample chance to make an impact.
We'll trust you to:
- Become part of an established scrum team containing a diverse mix of engineers, as well as dedicated representatives from UX, QA, and Product
- Be responsible for a highly-diverse technology stack covering both Android and iOS platforms, as well as significant server-side infrastructure. The role will expose you to a broad set of languages (C++, Java, Python, Objective-C, Swift) and tools, and you'll be able to continue to push the boundaries by exploring new technologies
- Collaborate effectively: you'll work closely with other technology teams to discuss shared concerns and align technical direction, you'll interact heavily with our product and UX stakeholders who are based in New York, and you'll co-ordinate with our release managers as part of our regular app-release process
- Continue to foster a culture of sustained, high-quality delivery through collaboration and effective teamwork
You'll need to have:
- Expertise developing and designing native iOS or Android applications
- Experience partnering with a diverse set of stakeholders
We'd love you to have:
- Experience with building scalable distributed systems, and managing deployment risk
- A passion for learning new things
- A passion for teaching others what you know, and mentoring less experienced team members
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.