Senior NLP Research Engineer - Artificial Intelligence Group
Posted Dec 1, 2022 - Requisition No. 111383
Textual data is key to understanding how events in the world impact our clients. As the amount of unstructured data has increased, natural language processing has become a key tool for Bloomberg to deliver analytics faster, more accurately, and at a larger scale than ever before. Whether it's analyzing the social media sentiment of companies over thousands of tweets per second, automatically extracting key indicators from press releases and filings before the rest of the market, or helping our clients derive intelligence from their internal communications by identifying entities and intents, NLP has enabled Bloomberg to maintain its edge as the market leader in financial data and communications.
More about us:
The AI Group is the central engineering group with over 200 researchers and engineers working together to build data-driven customer-facing products, as well as AI infrastructure and algorithms used by engineers across the company. We also publish papers, attend conferences, organize workshops, and contribute back to the larger AI and open source community whenever we can. Broadly, we are looking for colleagues to who are passionate about:
- Software engineering
- Parallel and distributed systems
- Natural language processing
- Information retrieval
- Information extraction
- Reinforcement learning
- Graphical models
- Recommender systems
- Knowledge graphs
- Automatic speech recognition
- Machine learning for finance (pricing and recommendation)
We'll trust you to:
- Collaborate with colleagues on production systems and applications
- Design, experiment, and evaluate algorithms as well as models
- Write, test, and maintain production-quality code
- Represent Bloomberg at scientific and industry conferences
Publish research findings in leading academic venues
You’ll need to have:
- Masters or a Ph.D. in CS, ML, Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Quant, or related fields.
- Relevant work experience (5+ years after Masters or 2+ years after Ph.D.)
- Proficiency in modern programming languages such as Python, C++, or Java
- Proficiency in software development
If this sounds like you, apply! In addition, do check out our blog, http://TechAtBloomberg.com/AI, to learn more about our publications and projects.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.