Senior Quant, Trading Decision Tools
Posted May 15, 2023 - Requisition No. 116278
We're Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two-person hedge fund - we're an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up-to-the-millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Trading Automation & Analytics team consists of physicists and mathematicians who built their careers with major asset managers, hedge funds and broker dealers across Equities, Fixed Income and FX trading. We see an opportunity in financial industry to create advanced trading tools and to make the markets more efficient. The innovative decision support tools and state-of-the-art quantitative models we build help traders, portfolio managers, and CIOs to make important decisions across the buy-side and sell-side.
Our Quants are resourceful, adaptable and collaborative. They combine their technical skills and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed solutions for our customers. If you are a creative, open-minded, and results-oriented quant – keep reading.
What's the role?
As a member of the Trading Research Quant team you will work with various asset classes, contributing to decision making and trading strategies. Trade Cost Analysis (TCA), Broker-Algo selecting tools, crowd-sourcing, alpha and risk modeling, market impact and optimizations are all part of this process.
We will trust you to:
- Create innovative frameworks and state-of-the-art quantitative models for a variety of our clients and job functions including traders, portfolio managers and CIOs.
- Participate in the full life-cycle workflow from hypothesis formulation, research and prototyping through to production release to clients.
You will need to have:
- MS in science/math/operations research/quant finance
- Proven knowledge of calculus and stochastic processes
- 4+ years* of financial industry experience in FX, Bonds, Equities or Futures
- Experience building advanced statistical methods
- Numerical programming experience in Python
We'd love to see:
- Expertise in market microstructure, trading algorithms and TCA
- Multi-asset experience
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Algorithms
- Solid programming experience, preferably with Python
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com