Senior Recruiter - Research (Bloomberg Intelligence, BloombergNEF and Bloomberg Economics)
Posted Nov 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 97384
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other and collaboration is crucial for our team's success. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do outstanding work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You don’t just transact but offer strategic advice, well thought out sourcing strategies and key market insights at every step of the recruiting process. You are not shy when it comes to building an external network, and you understand the importance of investment in collaborating with your clients to help find and select the best and brightest diverse talent. You’re a natural connector. You bring a deep commitment to building an inclusive workforce, person-by-person and team by team.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll be the Lead Recruiting Partner for our globally renowned Research businesses (Bloomberg Intelligence, BloombergNEF and Bloomberg Economics) in London. These business require a high touch approach and well thought-out, detailed sourcing and mapping strategies.
- You’ll need to be agile, resourceful, strategic and demonstrate your ability to pivot across ever-changing priorities.
- You’ll need to quickly build an in-depth knowledge of the businesses and provide a platinum service to stakeholders and candidates.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and collaborate with them to manage the full lifecycle recruitment process
- Think creatively to develop non-traditional talent sourcing strategies to aid specific business strategic initiatives
- Source candidates directly through internal and external industry networking, direct head hunting and various online recruiting tools
- Stay in tune with external market factors affecting talent, as well as new best practices/trends affecting recruiting
- Attend as well as host career events and diversity/in-house events
- Partner with HR Business Partners, Diversity and Talent Development on various projects for our stakeholders
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive recruiting experience including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- Well-developed critical thinking skills and strategic mindset
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Ability to capture and organise market intelligence data and build and/or pivot on a sourcing strategy
- Ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to take ownership
We’d love to see:
- Experience in recruiting research analysts and/or Economists
- Evidence of not only knowing your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, but having a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- Track record of success in sourcing diverse candidates through community groups and events, and working with non-profit and external partner organizations
- A track record in mapping new markets and producing competitor intelligence reports
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. https://www.bloomberg.com/company/what-we-do/
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organisation that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services champions innovation and empowers clients - and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.