The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. Our culture is wide open, just like our spaces. We bring out the best in each other through collaboration. And through our countless volunteer projects, we also help network with the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Who you are:
You are an energetic, commercial, creative and collaborative recruiter who believes that talent is the fuel that makes the business world go around. You know the financial services landscape and just how critical it is to find the right thinkers, doers, analysts, product managers, leaders and innovative talent in order to compete in a marketplace of emergent platforms, products and personalities.
What you'll do:
You will manage full life-cycle recruitment for open roles across Bloomberg’s Financial Products business – the most fundamental part of Bloomberg’s revenue and marketplace strategy. Our Financial Products business is a dynamic group that includes Analytics, Sales, Application Specialists, Core Product, Enterprise Solutions and Tradebook. Out of the gate, you’ll foster relationships with hiring leaders, ensure a smooth recruiting process and establish an outstanding candidate experience against a strategy tightly aligned with Bloomberg’s business strategy.
We’ll trust you to:
- Fully understand the needs of your respective hiring managers’ and then collaborate with them to manage the full lifecycle recruitment process for mid-to-senior level hires across Bloomberg’s business functions
- Source candidates directly through both internal and external industry networking and various online recruiting tools
- Manage and review resumes, scheduling, interviewing, offer negotiation/ closing, and onboarding
- Provide continuous feedback to candidates, hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Team up with HR business partners, immigration, relocation, and other folks to quickly get the best candidates in and productive
- Stay on top of market trends affecting the various groups across Financial Products, as well as employment trends
- Partner with academic and diversity organizations to improve and enhance our recruitment strategy
- Write compelling and persuasive job descriptions…like this one!
- Represent the Bloomberg brand in every interaction
You’ll need to have:
- 8+ years of recruiting experience, including successful recruitment of experienced professionals in an agency/search firm or corporate environment
- The ability to execute on assignments and the aptitude to make decisions independently with limited information
- Strong relationship management and negotiation skills, a consultative approach and the ability to influence multiple constituents without direct authority and effectively network within a heavily-matrixed organization
- Proven behavioural interviewing skills and candidate assessment techniques
- Experience using applicant tracking systems, human resources information systems, and other recruiting-related applications
- Demonstrated passion, compassion, and the ability to lead by example
We’d love to see:
- Not only do you know your way around state-of-the art recruiting methods and sourcing strategies, you have a couple of innovative tricks up your sleeve
- You organize and present to stakeholders and execs with ease
- You understand what finance people are about and what kinds of roles they play and aspire to – in fact, we’d love it if you already know a bunch of these folks