We believe people are at the heart of software. We believe that by encouraging an environment where people are respected, we can help teams realize their potential and deliver great, products to our clients. The Ticker Plant Agilists Group at Bloomberg is a team of Agilists committed to these values. This is who we are. If it’s who you are, read on to learn more about our exciting opportunity.
Bloomberg is the central nervous system of global finance, and the Ticker Plant is at the core. Our systems process over 80 billion events a day - gathered from around the world on every financial instrument - publishing these in real-time while servicing over 30 billion client queries daily from our cutting-edge time series database.
As an Agilist working in Ticker Plant, you’ll work closely with multiple teams helping them be agile, not just do Agile. You’ll leverage Systems Thinking as you help them refine their process, product, and relationships. You’ll coach Product Owners to build the right thing, not just build it the right way. As an Agilist, your greatest assets will be your empathy, your ability to create psychologically safe spaces, communicate and influence people across the organization towards continuous learning and respect.
We’ll trust you to:
- Serve as Agilist to multiple teams (2-4)
- Facilitate various Agile Ceremonies, such as but not limited to: Daily Stand-up, Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Retrospective, and Sprint Demo
- Act as a coach and mentor to members of the development team, as well as product owners and senior management
- Coordinate cross-team collaboration and dependency management
- Partner with other Agilists to create psychologically safe spaces and continued improvement in implementing and evolving agility throughout our organization.
- Create positive relationships with stakeholders, including management, Product and CTO
- Grow the practices, environment, relationships and mindsets of the teams and leaders you work with
You need to have
- Extensive multiple team scrum master experience
- Experience introducing Agile/Scrum to both new and existing teams
- Significant experience in facilitation, guiding groups through processes that help them come to solutions and make decisions
- Strong active listening skills along with excellent verbal and written communication skills across a variety of audiences, including developers, team leads, and senior managers.
- A deep understanding of Agile frameworks and Lean principles, from mindset and values to practices and tools
- Demonstrable self-growth in Agile, Lean and coaching skills
- An extensive track record of success in working with development teams, managers and senior leaders as they transitioned to improved ways of working
We'd love to see:
- Track record of coaching Product Owners
- Understanding of global optimization and scaling, and a familiarity with LeSS, SAFe.
- One or more of the following: CSM, A-CSM, PSM I, PSM II, CSP, SAFe, LeSS
- The ability to impart one’s experience, knowledge and guidance to help grow another in the same or similar domains
- Expertise in one of: Contemporary agile software engineering, Organizational change, or Value-driven Business and Product strategies and techniques
If this resonates with you, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.