Senior Server Storage Engineer
Posted Jul 15, 2021 - Requisition No. 92272
The Corporate Technology Group is responsible for crafting, deploying, and supporting Bloomberg’s internal IT systems. This includes our global corporate network plus all hardware, software, and enterprise applications used by nearly 21,000 employees in more than 170 state of the art offices around the world. We focus on enterprise solutions, efficiency tools, and IT systems integration, which helps move all of Bloomberg's businesses forward.
As a business enabler, your voice will be heard influencing global server/storage strategy and technology road maps.
As a part of an agile team of domain specialists passionate about innovative, secure and reliable server and storage solutions. You will promote the best possible employee experience and the highest levels of efficiency as you evaluate, recommend, design and engineer these solutions using the industry’s leading technologies
You will move tactfully and with purpose when collaborating with technical, architecture and automation teams to deploy, improve and maintain server & storage systems.
You will steadfastly contribute to our goal of operational excellence by defining and continually improving server & storage technical standards, standard methodologies and process automation.
You will be a solicitous technical specialist, providing guidance and assistance generously to maintain system reliability and capacity meeting ongoing business needs.
When the need arises, leadership will support you as you own the most complicated of performance and reliability affecting incidents, working with vendors to bring a speedy resolution.
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated ability designing, building and supporting world-class server/storage solutions which meet the performance, scalability, and availability requirements of large-scale, multi-site businesses
- In-depth technical knowledge of server hardware across vendors and sophisticated technical understanding of hypervisors and their management systems
- Deep understanding of filesystems, block storage, SAN and NAS storage platforms, protocols and SAN Fabric including a solid understanding of data protection solutions in a multi-site deployment
- Understanding of server operating systems, (Windows and Linux) to be comfortable working at the command line interface
- Solid understanding of core IT technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, networking concepts and protocols
- Proficiency in Python and/or Powershell with relevant examples of task automation and tool creation
- Awareness of Cloud Server/Storage provider offerings for Private, Public and Hybrid services
- High level of motivation, proven track record to execute and the capability to rapidly change focus in response to evolving priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to pitch ideas at varying technical levels and influence colleagues without formal authority
- Willingness to working flexibly to meet business needs and an ability to focus under pressure
We'd Love to See:
- Microsoft, VMware and/or cloud service provider certifications
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience working independently as well as collaborating with multiple teams across different technology fields
- IT Security Fundamentals
- Experience with Splunk, Grafana, Humio, or other log aggregation tools
- Familiarity with infrastructure as code concepts
- Solid understanding of SQL Server
- Experience in mentoring less experienced technical colleagues
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.