Senior Software Engagement Lead - Bloomberg Broadway
Posted Jan 29, 2024 - Requisition No. 122887
Bloomberg Broadway builds and sells high-performance distributed systems that make the business of trading and transacting money (and other financial assets) easier, faster, safer, and more thoughtful for everyone involved. Our technology makes it simple to create, combine, and extend large-scale, high-performance intelligent systems in ways that were never before possible.
Our Professional Services Team handles the installation and integration of Bloomberg Broadway’s customer system, working directly with sell-side trading desks at global banks and hedge funds.
As a lead on our team, you can expect to help us by:
- Establishing strategic partnerships with our customers to help shape their technological landscape
- Owning the integration of assigned projects/teams with the larger development organization
- Demonstrating strong customer relationship management skills
- Engaging directly with all levels of business and technical personnel in order to identify, describe, and satisfy customer business requirements
- Thoughtfully discerning when to employ tactical vs. strategic solutions
We’ll trust you to:
- Have a solid understanding of software development standard methodologies
- Deliver sophisticated software solutions to full completion and efficiently transition them to support/maintenance
- Create and supervise project roadmaps, and convey status, issues, and risks
- Ensure assigned projects complement others’ projects, with an eye towards developing a mature, resalable product suite
- Develop your team’s day-to-day efforts, and provide project, technical, and developmental mentorship
You’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of experience in engineering
- 2+ years in leadership, managing and coaching globally distributed teams and influencing third party technology strategy
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience working directly with external customers
- 3-5 years leading software consultants and/or developers
- The creativity and engineering prowess to navigate highly dynamic technical challenges and deliver critical value trading solutions to our customers
We’d love to see:
- Understanding of financial software and/or large-scale enterprise systems
- Experience with demanding customers, real-time deployments, and rapid version iterations
- A pragmatic, iterative approach to software development and design
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.