The Core Monitors team is responsible for building collaborative, highly customizable, real-time market monitoring tools for the Bloomberg Terminal.
Our Worksheets application provides our users with a framework that allows them to monitor the market, collaborate in real-time and drill down to extend their research leveraging other Terminal functionality.
What are we working on now?
The team’s current focus is on building and releasing the new generation of our market-monitoring tool, called Worksheets. This involves:
- Design, implement and release new features to enhance Worksheets.
- Whilst making sure the Worksheets client remains able to ingest and transform high volumes of market data in real-time-
Ensure our backend services scale as we increase our user base.
We’ll trust you to:
- Work with Product to flesh out requirements, collaborate with other engineering groups, design and build new Worksheets features and release them to our users whilst keeping the system as stable as ever.
- Be quick and resourceful to solve highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work.
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices.
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth of the team.
You should have:
- Knowledge of C++.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining high volume, high availability distributed systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Good communication skills and an ability to explain technical concepts to non-developers.
- Drive to follow modern practices such as automated testing, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
We’d love to see:
- Development experience on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with Agile practices such as SCRUM.
- Python experience.
- Knowledge of financial markets or an interest to learn.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.