Senior Software Engineer - Application Infrastructure Performance
Posted Dec 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 98202
The Bloomberg Terminal is used by 325,000 of the most influential decision makers from around the world. It is an advanced user platform that supports a wide variety of apps ranging from intensive real-time financial data, news and analytics to interactive trading solutions and communication. Reliable performance is a key feature of the Terminal, it is vital that our software achieves and maintains the highest standards of responsiveness.
As we evolve the technology behind the Bloomberg Terminal we constantly face interesting challenges around user interaction latency, resource usage and effectively leveraging new technologies while maintaining performance. We are looking for a performance focused engineer to work with our team to develop creative solutions to solve these kinds of challenges.
As a member of our team you will:
- Collaborate with teams across Bloomberg Engineering to implement high impact optimizations
- Research and analyse the performance of the software powering the Bloomberg Terminal
- Ensure new features are designed with performance in mind
- Develop and enhance profiling tools to allow us to better understand the performance of our software.
- Implement benchmarks and automation to prevent performance regressions
- Passionate about understanding the real-world performance of software
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with others to deliver projects.
- Experienced programmer with strong problem solving skills.
- Track record of delivering robust performance improvements
We’d love to see experience in:
- Microsoft Windows performance debugging with tools like Event Tracing for Windows.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.