Senior Software Engineer - Application Infrastructure Performance
Posted Dec 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 98202
We are looking for an experienced engineer specialising in software performance to join the Bloomberg Terminal application infrastructure group.
As a part of the performance team you will:
- Implement high impact optimizations that improve the real world performance of the Bloomberg Terminal
- Put in place benchmarks and automation to prevent performance regressions
- Develop and enhance profiling tools to allow Engineers across the company to better understand the performance of the software powering the Bloomberg Terminal
- Research new technologies and explore creative ways to improve the performance of the Bloomberg Terminal
The Bloomberg Terminal is used by 325,000 of the most influential decision makers from around the world. From a single platform users can access real-time financial data, news and analytics as well as use state of the art trading solutions and communication tools. All these features (and more) are implemented on top of common infrastructure that is designed to achieve high standards for performance and responsiveness.
As we evolve the technology behind the Bloomberg Terminal we constantly face interesting challenges around user interaction latency, resource usage and how to effectively leverage new technologies while maintaining performance. We are looking for a performance focused engineer to work in our dedicated performance team to develop creative solutions for these challenges.
- Excited to deeply understand and improve the real-world performance of software
- You use strong collaboration skills to deliver successful cross-team projects
- You are an experienced programmer with strong problem solving skills
We’d love to see experience in:
- Working with performance tools like Event Tracing for Windows, Chrome DevTools/Tracing or Linux perf
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.