Senior Software Engineer - BMS
Posted May 6, 2022 - Requisition No. 103328
The Bloomberg Managed Services organization (BMS) is responsible for creating and curating Bloomberg Engineering's "as a Service" software catalog and infrastructure. We integrate products created by engineering teams from around the company into a simple, elegant user interface and provide a concise way for engineers to create data-store and middleware instances.
Quick turnaround and time to market are two aspects that Bloomberg products are known for and our product developers take pride in. Across the industry in recent years, the number of managed services (including databases, queues, caches and other specialized services) have grown considerably. As a result, it has become increasingly important that these services are offered in an intuitive way so that our Bloomberg developers can hit the ground running and easily leverage these services for their applications. Towards this goal, the BMS - User Workflows team focuses on providing the BMS Platform; a self-service platform that's a one stop shop for all managed services at Bloomberg.
We are extremely proud of our diverse and open culture, and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of power users around the world.
What’s in it for you:
As a member of this team, you will collaborate closely with other infrastructure teams at Bloomberg to offer their managed services on the BMS Platform in an easy-to-use, self-service manner with consistent workflows. Additionally, given that a majority of Engineering teams in the company already leverage the BMS Platform for their managed services needs, you will have the chance to positively impact virtually any product under the Bloomberg umbrella by joining our team.
We'll trust you to:
- Design, implement and own critical applications and components of our platform
- Apply your experience to drive and own the architecture of the system
- Stay up to date with the industry standards related to the frontend ecosystem in order to maintain the BMS Platform codebase
- Anticipate engineering needs and expectations from Bloomberg engineers, and build solutions that work for them
- Interact with various teams across Bloomberg to evangelize your work and help people in adopting your system
- Open-source frameworks (Angular, React, Express)
- TypeScript across our main stack
- All projects follow the team's SDLC practices, including Docker-based unit testing, Jenkins integration, API documentation standards, etc.
- Demonstrated frontend development experience, preferably with Angular
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience building full-stack applications, including service APIs and database design
- Commitment to writing meaningful unit tests and integration tests
- Experience with Python
- Familiarity with RxJS and Observables
- Experience crafting user interfaces with attention to detail
- Focus on agile delivery and drive agile maturity in the team
We work with:
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.