Senior Software Engineer - C++ (Contractor)
Posted Nov 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 71809
Every day, thousands of traders across the globe rely on the Bloomberg TOMS (Trade Order Management System) to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, TOMS delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, inventory management, middle office operations and electronic trading.
We build powerful solutions that allow traders to manage positions, manage their risk and P&L and make markets using our electronic trading suite of tools. To do this, we employ a broad set of software tools. Our focus is on writing reliable and scalable code to help us maintain TOMS as a leading Fixed Income solution.
For this role we are looking for an enthusiastic engineer to help us build market connectivity to Fixed Income exchanges. This will require work on a high speed order/quotes processing over FIX (and other trading protocols) interfaces.
We'll trust you to:
- Balance teamwork and independent research
- Troubleshoot code across various files and libraries, implementing templates and inheritance
- Work across a full software stack and be comfortable learning about and supporting different parts of the system
You'll need to have:
- Extensive experience programming in C++/C
- Experience with high performance software design
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures and systems and applications programming
- Knowledge of programming on UNIX
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.