Senior Software Engineer - Custom Indices Platform
Posted Mar 13, 2020 - Requisition No. 81937
Custom Indices is a rapidly growing business within Bloomberg. These products automate innovative investment strategies across all types of markets and underpin many billions of dollars of trades.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to come and help develop these products. You’ll stretch both your technical skills and your business knowledge – as you work with our product and operations teams to build Indices and the calculation framework. The work demands robust and precise software engineering and a collaborative and creative approach to problem solving.
We'll trust you to:
- Use all your software craftsmanship to build and maintain indices, ensuring they are built to last – well tested and cleanly coded
- Help expand the framework to cater for the growing index needs of our clients
- Quickly grow in your knowledge of the instrument types and trading strategies – across all the asset classes – which lie at the centre of these complex products
- Contribute to the work of the whole team, whether pair programming or peer reviewing or partnering with the product team to find the very best solution to their problem
- Be an enthusiastic Agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
You'll need to have:
- Strong C# skills or other equivalent OO language
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving and an ability to quickly get down into the detail of complex issues
- A self-starter’s attitude
- First class communication skills for daily interaction with our business stakeholders
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd also love to see:
- Some knowledge of SQL
- That you know your garbage collection generations from your lambda expressions
- Some experience and/or interest in working in the financial markets
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/engineering-experienced-hire-application-process/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!