Senior Software Engineer - Custom Indices
Posted Sep 27, 2018 - Requisition No. 70978
Custom Indices is a rapidly growing business within Bloomberg. These products automate innovative investment strategies across all types of markets and underpin many billions of dollars of trades.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to come and actually develop these products. You’ll stretch both your technical skills and your business knowledge – as you work very closely with the product team. The work demands robust and precise software engineering and a collaborative and creative approach to problem solving.
We'll trust you to:
- Use all your software craftsmanship to build and maintain indices, ensuring they’re built to last – well tested and cleanly coded
- Help expand the framework to cater for the growing index needs of our clients
- Quickly grow in your business knowledge of the instrument types and trading strategies – across all the asset classes – which lie at the centre of these complex products
- Contribute to the work of the whole team, whether pair programming or peer reviewing or partnering with the product team to find the very best solution to their problem
- Be an enthusiastic agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
You'll need to have:
- Strong C# skills or other equivalent OO language
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving and an ability to quickly get down into the detail of complex issues
- A self-starter’s attitude
- First class communication skills for daily interaction with the business stakeholders
- Exposure to all phases of the software development lifecycle
We'd also love to see:
- Some knowledge of SQL
- That you know your garbage collection generations from your lambda expressions
- Some experience of working in the financial markets
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. In the meantime, check us out at http://www.techatbloomberg.com/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.