Senior Software Engineer - Data Distribution
Posted Dec 3, 2020 - Requisition No. 87524
At Bloomberg, data is our core business, and we need to deliver it with speed. This data typically comes in the form of trades, quotes, and other pricing data - to the tune of more than 60 billion unique events per day (and growing all the time) applied to millions of different instruments.
In RDP (Real-time Distribution Platform), we build Bloomberg's data distribution infrastructure, which is one of the most rapidly growing businesses in the company. RDP provides low-latency market data and value-added Bloomberg data, via our open API (http://www.bloomberglabs.com/api/).
The Infrastructure Services team in London supports a number of systems that add features to the RDP platform beyond data transfer. For example, we support the authentication of product installations ensuring only our customers can connect to our network, authenticating millions of connections each day. The RDP network provides 100s of data services over 10,000s of network nodes, and we support the service that provides the metadata (schemas and caching rules) needed by all of these. Across all projects, our key concerns are stability and scale, and we’re looking for an engineer to join us.
We trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding to deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable.
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work.
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience programming in C++
- Passion for design, problem solving and hands-on development
- Experience with multi-threading programming
We'd love to see:
- Experience with C++ and Python
- Keen interest in keeping abreast of technological advances and proven success at incorporating new technology into existing systems
- Experience with working with large volumes of data
If this sounds like you, apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.