Senior Software Engineer - Derivatives
Posted Apr 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 90217
As a financial data, news, and analytics market leader, Bloomberg continuously invests in its technology to keep delivering the best data and analytics to support the global derivatives market. To this end, Bloomberg’s Derivatives Engineering team is responsible for owning the full life-cycle of services and applications for pricing derivatives. We build systems and products that enable clients to generate trade ideas, structure deals, connect to electronic trading platforms and capture market movements.
We sit at the intersection of finance and technology, working directly with product managers, financial engineers, and quantitative analysts to understand client and market needs. These foundational systems get billions of hits per day and provide data and analytics to many of Bloomberg’s flagship products.
We provide value to Bloomberg internal & external customers by delivering systems that enable structuring, pricing, and analytics for derivative financial products. We take pride in solving a wide variety of challenges associated with pricing derivatives including creating efficient market data management pipelines, integrating state of the art mathematical pricing models, designing rich APIs and user interfaces and solving complex distributed systems challenges.
If you’re interested, see the following links for more about the Bloomberg Derivatives team.
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of a passionate, growing community of talented software engineers within an environment where innovation is not only embraced, but encouraged
- Contribute to a wide variety of cross-functional projects to deliver the next generation platform for derivatives structuring, pricing and analytics
- Implement microservices and component-based designs using Docker container workflows for development and deployment to on premise cloud infrastructure
- The opportunity to learn some of the financial domain that's at the core of the extensive derivative functionality we design and develop, including an extensive training offering
- Attend in-house training courses designed by technology experts, participate in or speak at conferences, build your network by collaborating with leaders in a wide variety of technical fields and make an impact by participating in Bloomberg’s Engineering Guilds
We’ll trust you to
- Work hand-in-hand with industry-expert product owners to build the applications and frameworks
- Take leadership of technical solutions, implementation and rollout to users
- Use industry best practices for testing, automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Embrace teamwork and peer review of designs and code
You’ll need to have
- 5+ years professional experience in Object Oriented Languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#)
- Demonstrate good understanding of object-oriented software design and development principles
- A team player attitude and a highly collaborative mindset given the cross-team nature of our projects
- A desire to learn and be involved in the entire project lifecycle, starting from planning and design phase through to the rollout and delivery
We’d love to see
It’ll be great if you already have experience programming in Python. We value someone who has an interest in sharing knowledge and mentoring other team members. If you have a passion for working on large scale projects, you’ll fit right in.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org