Senior Software Engineer - Derivatives
Posted Apr 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 90217
Derivatives pricing teams build a unified platform that helps Bloomberg customers structure and get transparent valuation and analytics from the most simple to the most bespoke financial derivatives products. We take pride in solving the wide variety of challenges associated with pricing derivatives including writing efficient market data management pipelines, integrating state of the art mathematical pricing models, designing rich APIs and user interfaces and solving complex distributed systems problems.
The Structuring Platform team in London is responsible for building workflows for FX and Commodity derivatives, which involve exposing interfaces to describe and interact with the complex representation and behaviour of derivatives products. We provide re-usable building blocks as a set of cross-asset APIs and Bloomberg terminal functions to internal (Bloomberg trading systems, Bloomberg Multi Asset Risk System) and external market players.
What's in it for you:
- Be part of a passionate, growing community of talented software engineers.
- An environment where innovation is embraced.
- An opportunity to challenge yourself every day and expand your knowledge horizon and skills.
- Learn the complex financial domain that's at the core of applications we build in derivatives.
As a member of our team, you will work on a variety of cross-functional projects with the aim to strengthen our integration with teams that rely on our framework, as well as:
- Building the new, next generation platform of derivatives structuring.
- Embarking on rearchitecting our current system from monolith to microservices.
- Integrating our current structuring layer with the newly developed cross-asset lifecycle management component.
- Building up our clients facing API for structuring, and help Bloomberg trading systems migrate to this new framework, as well as other internal and external clients.
We'll trust you to:
- Work hand-in-hand with industry-expert product owners to build the applications and frameworks our clients rely on.
- Take leadership of technical solutions, implementation and rollout to users.
- Use industry best practices for testing, automation and CI/CD.
- Embrace team work, and peer review of design and code.
- Challenge the status-quo and propose innovative technical solutions contributing to our next generation platform.
You'll need to have:
- Professional experience in a software engineering role covering the full development life-cycle.
- Good understanding of object-oriented software development principles.
- A team player attitude and a highly collaborative mindset given the cross-team nature of our projects (with London and New York colleagues).
- A desire to learn.
We'd love to see:
- Experience with modern C++, Python or other object-oriented languages.
- Interest in sharing knowledge and mentoring members of your team.
- Understanding of challenges of large-scale distributed systems.
- An understanding of the FX and/or Commodity domain(s) is an advantage but not a requirement.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status