Senior Software Engineer - Feeds SDLC
Posted Oct 27, 2022 - Requisition No. 110882
Real-time market data is at the core of Bloomberg's business and we are responsible for the software that provides it. Our feed handlers consume data from hundreds of exchanges and financial institutions around the world and translate it into normalized streams. The data we provide is flowing into applications across Bloomberg and ultimately is used by clients driving financial markets. Performance and reliability are key features of our software, and our mission is to provide the best quality financial data in the world.
The Feeds SDLC Team's mission is “Enabling developers to deliver high-quality software fast”. Feeds SDLC is the center of excellence in Feeds for Developer Experience topics such as CI/CD pipelines, local development, software quality, software analytics, automated testing, packaging and ultimately, deployment into production. We work closely with the wider Bloomberg Developer Experience teams and CTO to accomplish our mission. We are an enthusiastic, friendly and collaborative team of engineers who are all passionate about learning and helping fellow engineers on a daily basis.
What’s in it for you:
- You will be working in an enthusiastic, close-knit team
- You will have opportunities to work together with Feed Developers and SREs in different locations around the world (New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, London)
You’ll need to have:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, and an interest in working with other development teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Expertise in Python, C++ or your chosen programming language
- A mindset for high quality and continuous improvement
- A passion for learning new state-of-the-art technologies
We’d love to see:
- Experience with Python, Docker/Docker-compose
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Passion to collect and analyse software engineering data to understand, predict and improve software development process
- Experience with developing for PaaS (Platform as a service)
- Some experience in frontend design/development (UI/UX)
We'll trust you to:
- Design, develop, test and deploy applications that accomplish our mission of “Enabling developers to deliver high-quality software fast”
- Support and maintain our existing solutions throughout their lifecycle
- Collaborate and communicate with various Feeds development teams to provide a high-quality developer experience
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision-makers around the world.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.