Senior Software Engineer - Integration Workflows
Posted Nov 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 111613
Every day, high volumes of mission critical data moves between Bloomberg and our enterprise customers. The Connectivity and Integration group provides the connectivity options they need, the customization they want, with the fully managed support they expect from Bloomberg.
One key component is our Integration Platform. This set of applications allows customers to download and customize data to their specifications from various Bloomberg businesses and deliver it to their connectivity points (web, FTP, MQ, etc.) In order to scale that customization, we build and support a web based workflow designer. Here, our internal staff and customers can mix and match nodes to create a graph of how the data will flow. They then deploy this graph for execution by the Integration Platform back end.
This is a growing area with ever more investments being made in our industry in integration, technology and automation. You’ll also have the opportunity to scale your contributions because the tools you develop for the platform are used by our customers and internal teams to build workflows across thousands of projects.
What are we looking for?
- Backend service experience with a statically typed language
- UI development experience
- Interest in working on full application stack
- If you have any experience with platform products, BPMN, or workflow modeling, please highlight that too.
What’s in it for you?
- Join a growing and important enterprise business at Bloomberg
- Use industry technologies (React, C# - .NET 6, GRPC)
- Get involved in product strategy due to the highly technical nature of this market
- Develop, own, and release features to production
- Understand how customers integrate with Bloomberg
How we work
We work in two week sprints and plan our projects with product increments. In a typical increment, there will be a mix of strategy work towards the platform, UI feature requests, and work to unblock other engineering teams on the workflow platform. We meet weekly with our sister teams to discuss the strategic roadmap, give demos, and collaborate on technical topics. Our team is based in London.
Current and upcoming project examples
- Implement a template system to rapidly deploy workflows
- Expand the graph operations we support
- Model IDE-like features in our workflow designer graph product
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.