Senior Software Engineer - Integration Workflows
Posted Dec 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 112854
Every day, high volumes of mission critical data moves between Bloomberg and our enterprise customers. The Connectivity and Integration group provides the connectivity options they need, the customization they want, with the fully managed support they expect from Bloomberg.
One key component is our Integration Platform. This set of applications allows customers to download and customize data to their specifications from various Bloomberg businesses and deliver it to their connectivity points (web, FTP, MQ, etc.) In order to scale that customization, we build and support a web based workflow designer. Here, our internal staff and customers can mix and match nodes to create a graph of how the data will flow. They then deploy this graph for execution by the Integration Platform back end.
This is a growing area with ever more investments being made in our industry in integration, technology and automation. You’ll also have the opportunity to scale your contributions because the tools you develop for the platform are used by our customers and internal teams to build workflows across thousands of projects.
How we work:
We work in two week sprints and plan our projects with product increments. In a typical increment, there will be a mix of strategy work towards the platform, UI feature requests, and work to unblock other engineering teams on the workflow platform. We meet weekly with our sister teams to discuss the strategic roadmap, give demos, and collaborate on technical topics. Some current and upcoming projects include:
- Implement a template system to rapidly deploy workflows
- Expand the graph operations we support
- Model IDE-like features in our workflow designer graph product
What’s in it for you:
- Join a growing and important enterprise business at Bloomberg
- Use industry technologies (React, C# - .NET 6, GRPC)
- Get involved in product strategy due to the highly technical nature of this market
- Develop, own, and release features to production
- Understand how customers integrate with Bloomberg
- Opportunity to work with platform products, BPMN, or workflow modeling
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, C#, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Experience with full application stack development including backend service
- Experience with a statically typed language and UI development experience
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
Interviewing with us:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We have a lot of opportunities to choose from in Engineering, and it is important to us that your skills and experience align best with the team you are interviewing with. To help ensure you are placed on the right team, your application will be considered for all of our current vacancies in Engineering at the first stage of the interview process.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org