Senior Software Engineer - Intraday Analytics
Posted Jan 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 99644
The Intraday Analytics team is responsible for defining and computing intraday analytics based on raw financial market data. Our team is also responsible for providing a customizable, interactive and standardized view of that data to our eclectic mix of clients. Some of the analytics that we have built in the last few years have become de facto industry standard benchmarks like VWAP and TWAP; our clients use them to have more trading insights and measure their trading performance!
Our analytics are consumed by our clients not only through our backend services using both pub/sub and request/response technologies, but also through our own front end applications. As part of our future plans, we are working with quant teams to implement more advanced intraday analytics and to make them accessible to machine learning systems. To achieve this, we are re-engineering to expand our existing distributed infrastructure. Connecting to a faster storage, using Kafka to streamline our events scheduling and building a uniform, high throughput and low latency accessor are a must in order for our infrastructure to meet future demands and requirements.
What's in it for you?
- Be involved in the design and the implementation of critical applications and components of our C++ and Java infrastructure stack.
- Be able to own and drive the architecture of our systems.
- The opportunity to use your experience and knowledge to enhance our infrastructure in order to meet future SLAs.
- Collaborate with our stakeholders, and take on product ownership.
- Work on core computer science problems and distributed systems, such as efficient data storage and transfer, load balancing, seamless capacity scaling, distributed storage and compute on years’ worth of big-data, and much more.
You will need to have:
- Experience programming for a production environment.
- Experience in software design and architecture.
- Be a great teammate that can collaborate effectively with peers and other teams.
We’d love to see:
- Experience working on parallel processing and large scale distributed systems.
- Experience with Flink, Hadoop, HBase and Spark.
- Experience in queueing technologies like RabbitMQ and Kafka.
- Experience in project management, mentoring or leadership.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background.
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.