Senior Software Engineer - Trade Automation & Execution, Intraday Analytics
Posted Jan 18, 2022 - Requisition No. 99644
Who we are:
The financial industry hinges on one simple act: the trade. When our customers want to exchange value with other parties, they need to be able to do so with ease and immediacy, and are able to do so using solutions such as those provided by the Trade Automation and Execution team (TRAX). With trillions of dollars traded on our systems daily, our business continues to evolve towards trends such as trade automation, predictive analytics, higher data volumes, and an increased focus on performance.
Our TRAX offerings integrate with the breadth and depth of our other capabilities across the trade lifecycle for all asset classes — including data science and automation. Our team is where product-minded engineers who want to build distributed systems thrive.
The Intraday Analytics team’s role within TRAX is defining and computing analytics based on financial market data. Our team is also responsible for providing a customizable, interactive and standardized view of that data. Our analytics are consumed by our customers not only through our backend services using both pub/sub and request/response technologies, but also through our own front-end applications.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build critically important trading applications using innovative technologies, while maintaining system stability
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle
- Work together with product managers as well as other engineering groups to translate high-level requirements into practical solutions
- Drive the incorporation of new technologies and improve development practices
- Mentor others and encourage knowledge sharing in order to drive the growth and development of the team
You'll need to have:
- Experience with an object-oriented programming language (C++ or Java)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Functional expertise building microservices
- Prior contributions to system design, architecture and scaling fault-tolerant, distributed systems
Find more about Bloomberg’s Trading products here: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/trading/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com