Senior Software Engineer - Multi-Asset Indices (Analytics)
Posted Jul 2, 2021 - Requisition No. 88147
Passive investment is a huge growth area in finance. And indices – whether benchmark or bespoke strategies – underpin that growth. Bloomberg is a major player in this space and we're responsible for some of the most recognisable and innovative indices across all asset classes.
This is because we’re able to combine our best-in-class index systems with unparalleled breadth of trusted data and research. Billions of dollars are linked to our products!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced software engineer to come and join the team that builds the core index calculation and analytics logic. This will involve getting to grips with the underlying financial concepts and investment ideas, as well as grappling with the software engineering challenges of building out a scalable system that can match our ambitious growth plans.
The team is full of bright and friendly software engineers, who care about software design and craftsmanship, using agile techniques to ensure we partner with our business experts.
We'll trust you to:
- Use all your software craftsmanship to build and maintain indices, ensuring they are built to last – well tested and cleanly coded
- Be eager to learn about the financial concepts of the indices
- Help expand the scalable framework to cater for the growing index needs of our clients
- Collaborate to find innovative solutions to software engineering challenges
- Be an enthusiastic Agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
You'll need to have:
- Strong C# skills or other equivalent OO language
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A passion to learn about finance (previous experience is a bonus – but if not, we’ll teach you)
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving and an ability to quickly get down into the detail of complex issues
- A self-starter’s attitude
- First class communication skills for daily interaction with our business stakeholders
If you are interested and want to find out more, get in touch!