Senior Software Engineer - Multi-Asset Risk System
Posted Feb 28, 2023 - Requisition No. 114357
Every day, trillions of dollars pass through the Bloomberg Terminal. As a result, hundreds of thousands of financial professionals rely on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets.
On the MARS team, we embody the Bloomberg spirit. Our people and projects are dynamic, and we move at a fast pace. In the six years since our team was formed, we have grown tremendously and created a world-class product. We provide portfolio analytics to large financial institutions and internal clients. Our engineers are heavily involved in the design and development of the product to ensure our clients have access to industry leading data and insight. The team leads one of the largest computing systems in Bloomberg, and so we own the full development stack from the ground up.
Our platform provides risk calculations and analytics across various asset classes by applying distributed computing techniques that span hundreds of machines. In addition to expanding our main product offering, our main concern is performance which requires using different methods and technologies to achieve the optimal solution. We use big data software, distributed computing algorithms, dynamic resource allocations, and cluster management among others.
What’s in it for you?
- You will join a close-knit, and growing group of 160+ engineers
- You will dabble in a slew of technologies from big data to a wide variety of programming languages, and gain an understanding of the intricacies of crafting large scale distributed computation systems
- Every single day you will continue to push your engineering skills to the next level
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
- Be open to learning and using any language needed for the role (mainly C++)
You'll need to have:
- Experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Commercial software engineering experience covering the full development life-cycle
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, object-oriented design and systems/applications programming
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders and management
We'd love to see:
- It’ll be great if you already have experience programming in C++ alongside experience with automated testing tools.
- We value someone who has an interest in sharing knowledge and mentoring other team members.
- If you have a passion for working on large scale projects, you’ll fit right in.
- A CQF Qualification or equivalent
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com