Senior Software Engineer - Multi-Asset Risk System
Posted Aug 2, 2022 - Requisition No. 83564
On the MARS team, we embody the Bloomberg spirit. Our people and projects are dynamic, and we move at a fast pace. In the six years since our team was formed, we have grown tremendously and created a world-class product. We provide portfolio analytics to large financial institutions and internal clients. Our engineers are heavily involved in the design and development of the product to ensure our clients have access to industry leading data and insight. The team leads one of the largest computing systems in Bloomberg, and so we own the full development stack from the ground up.
Our platform provides risk calculations and analytics across various asset classes by applying distributed computing techniques that span hundreds of machines. In addition to expanding our main product offering, our main concern is performance which requires using different methods and technologies to achieve the optimal solution. We use big data software, distributed computing algorithms, dynamic resource allocations, and cluster management among others.
What's in it for you:
- You will join a close-knit, and growing group of 120 engineers
- You will dabble in a slew of technologies from big data to a wide variety of programming languages, and gain an understanding of the intricacies of crafting large scale distributed computation systems
- Every single day you will continue to push your engineering skills to the next level
We'll trust you to:
- Work directly with product owners to build products that our clients use to tackle complex problems
- Take ownership of technical solutions, development and delivery to production
- Develop in all levels of a web application stack, from the client to server side
- Be open to learning and using any language needed for the role (mainly C++)
You'll need to have:
- Commercial experience in a Software Engineering role covering the full development life-cycle
- Working knowledge in object-oriented programming language
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data structures, object oriented design and systems/applications programming
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of the financial domain
We'd love to see:
- Experience with automated testing tools
- Strong code review skills
- A CQF Qualification or equivalent
If you are interested in the role and your skills are a good match, we will reach out to set up an interview.
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!