Senior Software Engineer - Sell Side (TOMS FX)
Posted May 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 103177
Every day, thousands of businesses across the globe rely on the Bloomberg Sell-Side System to support their trading activity. As part of the Trading Solutions businesses, Sell-Side delivers a global multi-asset solution for trade capture, market making, inventory management, front office collaboration, middle office operations, and electronic trading.
The Foreign Exchange (FX) market is a crucial pillar of the international financial system, allowing commerce and banks to operate across the globe. Our team is responsible for connecting to Trading platforms (FXGO), ticketing and lifecycle management of FX products (Forward, Swap and Options) and Deposit. We provide tools to allow traders to efficiently manage their positions and control their risks.
What's in it for you:
As Senior Software Engineer, you will work within a team designing and implementing new features and workflows as well as improving our performance and reliability. It's an opportunity to work on a large, dynamic and evolving system.
You will learn the sell-side foreign exchange and treasury industry, the challenges that our clients face, and design the best solutions for their needs.
You will benefit working with a team of experienced senior engineers, who will help you to grow your skills. We're leveraging industry-standard open-source solutions (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, etc...) to solve some of the unique challenges of the FX markets involving low latency, high volume and scale.
We leverage an agile software development process as well as a continuous integration and deployment pipeline to produce high quality software quickly to production. We expect you to be creative and proactively look for the most suitable technology to solve complex problems.
We'll trust you to:
- Design and develop software that provides our clients with high performing, scalable, and flexible workflows
- Work across a full software stack and be comfortable learning about and supporting different parts of the system
- Troubleshoot and diagnose issues quickly across a large code base and set of workflows
- Balance and prioritize development work to provide the most critical and useful functionality to our clients
You'll need to have:
- Solid experience programming in C++, Rust, C#, Python or Java
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, and systems and applications programming
- Experience developing and managing multi-component service-oriented systems
- Experience with CI, CD and unit testing
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com / or our Diversity Partner EmployAbility firstname.lastname@example.org.