Senior Software Engineer - Software Security Platform
Posted Jan 4, 2023 - Requisition No. 113093
In the Software Security Platform teams, our mission is to continuously improve Bloomberg’s security posture by building foundational software services and libraries that enable zero-trust application architectures. Our work is at the intersection of security and highly available, low latency distributed systems.
The software we build is used to secure every interaction our clients have with Bloomberg’s applications and APIs. Our clients trust us with large volumes of critical data every day, and our libraries and services are used to encrypt and protect it. We therefore pay attention not only to security, but also to scalability and performance. Our teams in London focus on:
- Workload identity & User identity
- Encryption services
- Public Key Infrastructure (PKI)
We’re an open source first team, favoring open standards where possible, and building on open source technology where available. Many members of our team are active open source contributors, looking to give back to these communities, wherever possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Write high-quality code in C++, Python and Go, using modern SDLC practices and tools
- Collaboratively design solutions that are secure, scalable and fault-tolerant
- Design APIs that are easy to use and hard to misuse
- Build software that is easy to evolve and maintain
- Troubleshoot runtime issues
- Provide technical leadership and mentor junior colleagues
You’ll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience working with an object-oriented programming language (C/C++, Python, Java, Golang etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- Domain experience in information, cyber or software security
- Experience working on distributed systems in a Linux-based environment
- Honest approach to problem-solving, and ability to collaborate with peers, partners and management
To find out more about Engineering at Bloomberg, check out www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com