Senior Software Engineer - Strategies Calculator
Posted Sep 25, 2020 - Requisition No. 86089
The Bloomberg Indices team build both Benchmark indices and Strategy indices. Strategy indices are innovative investment strategies across all types of markets and underpin many billions of dollars of trades.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Software Engineer to come and build the core calculation logic of these products. It's a challenging role which will give you a great chance to get to grips with the trading ideas that sit behind these products, as well as flex your software engineering muscles. The team is friendly, collaborative and cares about the quality of its output. We make extensive use of agile philosophies and techniques and these stretch across our interactions with our product and other partner teams. There will also be the opportunity to gain financial qualifications like CFA.
We'll trust you to:
- Use all your software craftsmanship to build and maintain indices, ensuring they are built to last – well tested and cleanly coded
- Be intellectually curious and passionate about the business domain of the trading strategies
- Quickly grow in your technical expertise of the assets classes and instrument types - from commodities backwardation, interest rate yield curves to equity value and growth metrics
- Help expand the framework to cater for the growing index needs of our clients
- Contribute to the work of the whole team, whether pair programming or peer reviewing or partnering with the product team to find the very best solution to their problem
- Be an enthusiastic Agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
You'll need to have:
- Strong C# skills or other equivalent OO language
- Deep understanding of object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- A passion for all things financial
- An aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving and an ability to quickly get down into the detail of complex issues
- A self-starter’s attitude
- First class communication skills for daily interaction with our business stakeholders
If you are interested and want to find out more, get in touch!
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on. The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here:
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know!